10.11.2009

.beauty from ashes.



Yesterday I was in an Italian hospital all day.
I won't go into detail about the very interesting experience, but I was put in a room with a lady from Morocco who didn't speak any Italian either. I actually spoke more than her. Yet we tried to converse all day while in our beds. at one point, I went upstairs to see a cardiologist, and we figured that was goodbye so we said "arrividerchi", but then I came back and was possibly staying the night.
Maria and David came back to translate what the doctors had come to and while we waited for the doctors I looked through everything that my roomies thought I needed in order to stay the night. There was my face-mask of course, some chocolate, some fruit, crackers, letters, pictures and cards and my little beany-dog, that you warm in the microwave.
When this Moroccan lady saw this dog, she was so intrigued. Maria brought it over to her, and she held it like a baby and petted it and stared at it for minutes on end.
I came to the conclusion that she loved this dog way more than I did.
Soon, I was discharged and got to go home although she still lay in her bed in the cold dark, dirty hospital with people who didn't know her language.
As I left the room, I passed her the dog, I put him in her arms and the look on her face was indescribable! I felt like a hero although I had done nothing. She continued to kiss me and hug me repetitively and we got a picture together.
It's amazing how the Lord works these things out, taking a messy situation and making it into a blessing. Only in Christ does something this beautiful happen.
Although I never knew that woman's name, I hope when she held that dog last night that she felt the Lord's arms around her. Maybe someday she'll come to know Him who is greater. He who is her healer.

1 comment:

  1. I am constantly amazed at you my friend. Jesus has created you for such a beautiful purpose, and you never cease to bless, not only me, but everyone you come in contact with.

    I love you so dearly

    ReplyDelete