10.16.2009

October 13th- How things change and some don't.


October 13th 2008 I made the trek upstate back home for heart surgery.
October 13th 2009 I flew across the world back home because of heart problems.

Circles.

I feel like the Israelites after being freed from Egypt, yet taken out into the wilderness where they were forever just going in circles and it took 40 years for them to get to the promised land.

I know my promised land is somewhere- even if it is heaven. I am willing to wait. Dueteronomy 8. The Lord has brought me to this place, this wilderness to test to me, to see what was in my heart, ad to show His love to me in a different way.

The hospitals have been crazy, lots of waiting. Not much fun. I miss Italy.
But in this I find contentment. I asked for joy and He gave it to me, and with this joy He gave me that peace, that peace that passes understanding. The peace that people look at you and wonder if you're really sick.

I don't want to sound brave, because I am not. He is my strength. Without Jesus Christ, I would have given up a while ago, probably years ago.
Praise be to Him who has delivered us, is delivering us and will deliver us from trial and tribulation!

1 comment:

  1. Jordyn,
    your faith and strength are a constant testimony to me. I am continually amazed at the life God has given you, and at how you constantly are giving it back to Him, and trusting that He's got it.

    I am so beyond blessed by you, and I could not ask for a better friend. I love you so much, sometimes I feel like my heart might break from all that love.

    I love that I can trust Jesus with you, and that I can have peace and joy because you have peace and joy. Jesus thinks you're pretty great, and I'd have to agree!

    ReplyDelete